I've Got DiSpirito

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Danke.

Thanks to all of my friends who have already checked out my new venture. And I'm glad I was able to inspire you all on some level. (A special nod goes to you, Liz). I started this blog just so I could have a picture appear next to all of my comments, but, who knows, maybe this will be a new and exciting adventure into blogdom.

Nikki and I watched a great documentary last night called 'Naked World.' It was about the photographer who goes all over various cities and countries taking nude photos of people in public spaces, even in the US, where public nudity is illegal. Here is a link to his website:
http://www.nakedworlddoc.com/naked_world.html

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is public nudity legal? Do people just walk around naked a lot there?

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good question. I guess at the time of my posting, I just assumed that nudity in the countries visited in Naked World was legal, since the artist didn't have any trouble with the law. Actually, in several countries and cities, law enforcement was present to help aid the photo shoots. And, in the US, he's been arrested a few times. Upon further research, I found nudity to be legal in several Canadian cities, Japan, Munich, among other places. It seems like nudity in those places, however, is mostly found in appropriate places, like beaches and saunas. By the way, in the US there is no federal law against nudity. Anyone up for a visit to the locally famous nude beach in Mazomanie?

10:52 AM  
Blogger L. Sanchez said...

I like that. I think I started my blog just so I could have a picture next to my comments too!

I love blogs. Yet another excuse to avoid going outside.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

I think I saw something on tv once about how it is legal for women to walk around without a top on in NYC. A photographer convinced all sorts of women to take off their tops...I wonder if he was the same guy. I know he walked around with a copy of the law in case he got hassled by people.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow...there is so much to learn about nudity. thanks, everyone, for enlightening me.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home