I've Got DiSpirito

Monday, June 12, 2006

Sibling Security

Over breakfast con mi familia on Sunday, I discovered that the first six digits of my social security number match those of my brother's. I was in complete shock and awe over this, but my brother was like, "I have no idea how social security codes are formulated, so there is no reason for me to think that this is amazing at all." What a downer. I still find this cool, since we were born 5.5 years apart and in different states (if that matters). Has anyone else out there noticed similar SS codes amongst siblings? I suppose I could research the topic, but I'm curious first to see if anyone else has noticed a similar phenomenon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

Weird. For some reason I thought that part of the Social Security code was based on where it was issued, so it's a surprise to me that you and Jason were born in different states. Huh. I should check on what my brother and sister's SS numbers are to see if they are similar to mine...

3:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks...you do that!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Okay, update on this:

I asked my dad for my siblings' SS numbers and he told me theirs, my mom's, and his. The beginning three numbers are similar for all of us, but none matched mine the way Jason's did yours. You said you had six digits in common? That's crazy!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home